St. Stefano Church in Precetto

St. Stefano Church in PrecettoThe edifice of St. Stefano Church is built on a previous construction which now hosts the cemetery of the mummies. Of Renaissance origins, it was remodeled in the 17th century with the addition of the clock. It is divided into three naves by columns terminating with Corinthian capitals, sculptured at the base with the coat of arms of the Cybo family and the Lateran Chapter.
In the lower chapel on the right is conserved a fresco of the Nativity by Pierino Cesarei dating from 1559. In the apse there is a large canvas of the martyrdom of Saint Stephan by Giuseppe Rosi painted in 1759. An imposing stone baptismal font bears the coat of arms of the princes of Cybo.

Digg Del.icio.us Stumbleupon Technorati Wikio Facebook Newsvine Reddit! Twitter

0 comments

Search by label

Last comments about Italy

Partner

destination blogs - blogcatalog blog directory